CAF - SGS Global Compliance Overview Seminar
January 31, 2018, 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Registrations: 8 - 8:30 AM
- Louann Spirito, US & Canada Softlines Business & Technical Head - SGS North America Inc.
Location: Hotel Ruby Foo's, 7655 Decarie Blvd. MAP
Organized by: The Canadian Apparel Federation, Vêtement Québec and SGS North America Inc.
This seminar will cover regulatory compliance and especially new requirements for Textile, Leather, Footwear, Trims and Accessories. The session will cover North America, and international requirements and trends.
North America regulations
- Recent Changes and brief overview of Canada regulations for apparel textile and leather products.
- Recent Changes in US regulations at both the federal and state level
- Key differences between Canada and US
- EU regulations, Recent Recalls and Fines.
- Basic strategy to comply.
- How to Harmonize the EU Compliance requirement with North America compliance requirements.
Overview of other countries which have similar compliance requirements as EU and North America, and emerging international issues.
Seminar will be presented in English